Sharing the road with commercial trucks runs the risk of catastrophic and fatal truck accidents. Unfortunately, trucking companies and their drivers are not always as careful as they should be. If you were recently injured or a loved one died in a truck accident in Avondale, the attorneys at MDK Law Group can help. We are passionate about going up against trucking companies in the pursuit of justice and fair financial compensation after big rig accidents. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
Why Our Avondale Truck Accident Attorneys Are the Right Choice
- You’ll never feel left alone or abandoned by your attorney. We offer a personal touch with all of our legal services. You will have a direct line to your attorney.
- Our truck accident attorneys work hard to get the results that their clients deserve. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of past clients and have a 98 percent success rate.
- MDK Law Group operates on a contingency fee basis. This means you won’t pay your truck accident attorney unless he or she wins financial compensation for your injuries.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help
You don’t have to handle the legal side of a truck accident case alone while also tending to your injuries or caring for a loved one. A truck accident attorney can represent you during negotiations with an insurance corporation or take your case to trial, if necessary. A truck accident attorney will have years of experience, as well as talented personnel and powerful resources, to support your injury claim.
Hiring a truck accident lawyer to represent you will increase the odds of obtaining fair and full financial compensation for your losses. An insurance company will be forced to handle your case fairly with an attorney by your side. Most importantly, hiring an attorney can give you the peace of mind to fully focus on your recovery while someone else takes care of legal matters on your behalf. From connecting you to top doctors to arguing your case effectively in court, an attorney can do many things to help you after a devastating truck accident.
How Are Truck Accident Cases Unique?
You cannot treat a collision involving a commercial truck the same as you would a typical car accident case. Truck accidents are different on many levels. The complexity of these types of cases makes it more important to have an attorney representing your interests through every phase of the legal process.
Some ways in which truck accident cases are unique include:
- Trucking companies have dedicated insurance companies and legal teams working for them. They are powerful adversaries that can be daunting to go up against. Hiring an attorney balances the scales and allows you to stand up for your rights.
- Trucking accidents involve unique types of evidence, such as the truck’s black box and records maintained by the trucking company. An attorney can take immediate action to preserve key evidence before the trucking company has the chance to alter or destroy any records.
- Truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries that require ongoing medical care. For this reason, it is critical for a survivor to obtain fair case results. Otherwise, the victim may be unable to pay for latent or ongoing medical needs, including physical therapy and rehabilitation.
Navigating all of the complex elements of a truck accident case is easier with assistance from an experienced attorney. An Avondale truck accident lawyer will be in your corner fighting for you and arguing for the highest possible amount in financial recovery for you and your family every step of the way.
Most Common Causes of Avondale Truck Accidents
Almost all truck accident cases in Arizona involve the negligence of a truck driver, trucking company or another party. Negligence is a legal term that means to commit an act or omission that breaches the defendant’s duty of care. A duty of care is a legal obligation to act in a manner that is reasonable and prudent.
Common examples of negligence that result in truck accidents in Avondale are:
- Truck driver error. Truck drivers are responsible for safely and carefully operating their big rigs. Driving while intoxicated, tired or distracted are dangerous mistakes that can result in devastating accidents. Other common truck driver errors are speeding, violating traffic laws, making unsafe lane changes, running red lights and driving aggressively.
- Trucking company negligence. A trucking company could be vicariously liable for a truck accident caused by a driver or another employee. Vicariously liable means that the company is responsible for the actions of its workers. A trucking company can also be directly responsible for its own mistakes, such as a lack of driver training or subpar truck maintenance.
- Third-party error. A third party may be responsible for a truck accident depending on the circumstances, such as a product manufacturer for a defective truck part or a cargo company for failing to properly secure a load. Another driver beside you and the truck driver could also bear responsibility if that driver caused the initial impact.
At MDK Law Group, we can conduct a comprehensive investigation of your Avondale truck accident to look for signs of fault. We have enough experience to know what to investigate when determining the cause of a crash. Then, our attorneys can help you build a case against the at-fault party or parties using any evidence that we find of negligence.
Who Is Liable for a Commercial Truck Accident in Avondale?
Liability refers to financial responsibility for a motor vehicle accident. Liability in Arizona is placed with the person or party who caused the collision under the state’s tort-based insurance law. In your truck accident case, the defendant(s) may be a:
- Truck driver
- Truck owner
- Trucking company
- Cargo company
- Cargo loader
- Maintenance company
- Truck manufacturer
- Property owner
- The government
At MDK Law Group, we will search for anyone who displayed negligence or contributed to your crash. Keep in mind that even if you contributed to the truck accident, you could still recover partial compensation through Arizona’s pure comparative negligence rule. Your recovery may be reduced by your amount of responsibility for the wreck, however.
Injured in a Truck Accident in Avondale? We Can Help
Don’t go through the claims process alone as the victim of a recent truck accident in Avondale, Arizona. Contact MDK Law Group for assistance. We care about crash victims and their families and will work tirelessly to make sure that you have what you need during this difficult time. Start by requesting a free, no-obligation consultation at (623) 225-5635. You can also send us a description of your accident online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.