Plenty of residents in the Avondale area used bicycles on a regular basis. This includes individuals of all age ranges. Unfortunately, there are times when the negligent actions of drivers or other parties cause serious bicycle accidents. At MDK Law Group, we are here to help if you need an Avondale bicycle accident attorney by your side. We have the resources needed to investigate your claim and help you recover compensation for your losses.
Why Choose MDK Law Group for a Bicycle Accident Claim?
- MDK Law Group was started by attorneys who chose career the personal injury career path specifically so they could help other individuals in their times of need.
- Our team of Phoenix personal injury attorneys have the resources needed to handle every aspect of a complex bicycle accident claim in the Avondale area.
- We believe in continual communication as the case moves forward, so you will never be left in the dark about the status of your situation.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries We Help With
Unfortunately, bicycle accidents often result in severe injuries for those involved. When we look at information presented by the Arizona Department of Transportation, we can see that there were 1027 total bicycle crashes during the most recent reporting year on file. Out of these incidents, we can see that 45 bicyclists lost their lives, and 1,005 sustained injuries.
Out of these total injuries, many were incredibly serious. The reality is that bicyclists do not have much protection from the force of a vehicle or any other object slamming into them. Our team regularly helps individuals who have sustained the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Other severe back or neck injury
- Spinal cord injury with paralysis
- Road rash or lacerations
- Crush injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Internal organ damage
The external traumatic injuries that bicyclists sustain only show half of the overall pain and suffering individuals endure as a result of these incidents. The reality is that bicyclists may also incur significant emotional or psychological trauma, including feelings of stress, fear, and anxiety. We work diligently to ensure the insurance carriers or a personal injury jury recognize these more immeasurable injuries and figure that into the total compensation calculation.
How to Determine Liability After an Avondale Bicycle Accident
Determining liability after a bicycle accident in Avondale, Arizona, can be challenging. These claims revolve around evidence, which is why our team works diligently to conduct a complete investigation into your incident. Some of the main types of evidence used to prove liability may be obtained at the scene of the incident, including photographs, video surveillance from nearby cameras, and statements from eyewitnesses.
Additional evidence may need to be gathered in the weeks that followed the incident, including the police report, vehicle black box data, medical records, etc. The investigation into a bicycle accident can take time. The goal is to determine whether or not the alleged negligent party upheld their duty of care to the bicyclist.
How Much Compensation Is Available For a Bike Accident Claim?
There is no specific amount of compensation paid to bicycle accident victims in the Avondale area if their claim is successful. Several factors can influence compensation amounts, including the severity of any injuries, the level of property damage, whether or not there was any shared fault, how long it takes the victim to recover, and more.
At MDK Law Group, our goal is to recover both economic and non-economic damages on behalf of a bicycle accident victim.
- Economic damages. These types of losses revolve around measurable expenses bicycle accident victims will likely incur as a result of the collision and the recovery process. We will gather the receipts and bills that come in and add up:
- Initial and ongoing medical bills
- Lost wages and loss of future earnings
- Household out-of-pocket expenses
- Property damage expenses
- Non-economic damages. These types of losses are not as measurable as the economic damages just mentioned. Non-economic damages revolve around physical pain and suffering damages, emotional and psychological trauma, as well as the loss of quality of life a victim endures. There are various accepted methods used to adequately calculate these damages.
What Is The Time Limit for Filing A Bicycle Accident Claim in Avondale, AZ?
Individuals in Avondale and throughout Arizona should file their bicycle accident claims as soon as possible. The insurance carriers involved in these cases typically require reporting within a day or two after the incident. However, the overall Arizona personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date an injury occurs. If a bicyclist fails to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party within this timeframe, they will likely not be able to recover any compensation for their losses.
When you work with a skilled bicycle accident lawyer in Avondale, you will have an individual dedicated to the success of your claim. This includes ensuring the claim gets filed on time with the appropriate entities.
How Much Does a Bike Accident Lawyer Cost?
Our team handles bicycle accident claims on a contingency fee basis. This means a few things for clients. First, injury victims pay no out-of-pocket costs related to the claim while their case is ongoing. We do not collect any legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation on behalf of our client. If we do not win, our clients pay nothing at all.
Call an Avondale Bicycle Accident Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by the negligence of another driver in the Avondale area, reach out to the team of Avondale personal injury attorneys at MDK Law Group today. We understand the challenges bicycle accident victims face, and we want to handle every aspect of this claim on your behalf. We will not back down from aggressive insurance carriers, and our team has no problem taking your case to. When you need an Avondale bicycle accident attorney, you can reach out for a free consultation by filling out our contact form or calling us at (623) 225-5635.