MDK Law Group offers dedicated legal representation to victims who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones in accidents. If you were injured in a car crash, workplace accident, or other circumstances because of someone else’s careless or wrongful actions, we can help you defend your legal rights. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your current and future losses. Speak to our Glendale personal injury attorneys about your options during a free consultation today. Call us at (623) 225-5635 for a free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Glendale, AZ Personal Injury Attorneys
- At MDK Law Group, we care about our clients and what they have been through. You will receive tailored counsel and individual attention from an attorney, not a paralegal.
- Our team of attorneys are litigators with years of trial experience and insurance expertise. We will craft a strategy for you that will put you in the best possible position to recover.
- MDK Law Group operates on a contingency fee basis, which means our lawyers do not charge their clients anything for their services until they recover financial compensation.
How Can a Glendale Personal Injury Attorney Help?
A Glendale personal injury attorney will have the knowledge, experience and resources to correctly handle your case. This can increase your odds of achieving a positive case outcome. Your personal injury attorney can answer your legal questions, evaluate the value of your case, negotiate for adequate settlement offers, enlist qualified expert witnesses to testify, provide a comprehensive investigation of your accident, prepare the case for trial, and more. A personal injury lawyer in Glendale will work tirelessly on your behalf during this difficult time. It is generally accepted that accident victims with a personal injury attorney get three times (3x) more in settlements. Your Glendale personal injury lawyer can handle complicated processes for you, such as filling out claims paperwork, and take on the legal headaches, while you focus on healing.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case in Arizona?
A personal injury case is a type of civil claim that allows an injured accident victim to recover financial compensation for the losses that he or she had suffered due to someone else’s negligence. Negligence is a legal doctrine that means someone has carelessly fallen below the accepted level of care. Not every injury in Arizona will give a victim the right to file a personal injury claim. To have grounds for a case, the necessary elements must exist.
Four key elements make up the legal theory of negligence:
- Duty of care. A duty of care is the requirement to act in a way that is reasonable and prudent according to the circumstances. A motor vehicle driver, for example, has a legal duty of care to pay attention to the road and obey traffic laws.
- A breach of the duty of care. A breach of the duty of care refers to any action or omission that violates or falls short of the definition of reasonable care. An example would be a driver reading or writing text messages while operating a motor vehicle.
- Causation. There must be proof that the other party (known as the defendant) caused the victim to be injured because of the negligent act or omission. In other words, that the accident would not have happened but for the defendant’s breach of duty.
- Damages. Finally, the victim must have suffered compensable damages, or losses, because of the defendant’s negligence. The losses must be actual and specific, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
If you are basing your injury claim on an allegation of negligence, you will need evidence of these four elements. For a personal injury case to succeed in Arizona, the filing party, or plaintiff, must meet the burden of proof. The burden of proof is clear and convincing evidence that the defendant is more likely to be responsible for the injury in question than not responsible.
Types of Cases Our Glendale Personal Injury Lawyers Handle
At MDK Law Group, our personal injury lawyers in Glendale have been practicing within this area of the law for many years. We have helped victims and families across Arizona with many different types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death claims
This is not a comprehensive list of every type of case that we accept. Our team of Arizona personal injury lawyers handle a range of practice areas. To find out if we are the right fit for you and your case, request a free consultation.
What Are The Laws For Personal Injury Cases in Arizona?
There are certain laws that govern personal injury cases in Arizona. It is your responsibility as the plaintiff to understand and obey these laws. Three of the laws that you may need to know for your case are:
- Comparative negligence. Comparative negligence is a rule in Arizona that allows an injured victim to recover partial compensation even if he or she contributed to the accident or injury being claimed. State law will reduce the victim’s financial recovery, however, by his or her percentage of fault.
- Auto accident laws. Car accidents are some of the most common types of personal injury cases in Glendale. Arizona is a fault state, which means that the driver or party at fault for the accident is responsible for paying for it. In a no-fault state, on the other hand, drivers file first-party insurance claims with their own providers, regardless of fault.
- Statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a legal deadline placed on a plaintiff’s ability to file a claim. In Arizona, the statute of limitations on most personal injury lawsuits is two years from the date of the accident or the date that the victim discovers his or her injuries. Missing your deadline to file will generally bar you from any financial recovery.
Your case may involve various other state and local laws, as well. For example, there are special Arizona premises liability laws that apply to accidents like slip and falls, as well as unique dog bite injury laws in Arizona. Your Glendale personal injury attorney at MDK Law Group will have the skills needed to correctly navigate all of the laws that apply to your case.
Types of Compensation Available for a Glendale Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury victims in Glendale should be able to recover a wide range of compensation for their losses. At MDK Law Group, we believe in making clients “whole,” which means we seek compensation for both their economic expenses as well as their non-economic losses.
The economic costs associated with a personal injury claim vary depending on the situation but typically refer to the following:
- Emergency medical expenses
- All follow-up hospital or doctor visits
- Medical devices or prescription meds
- Lost wages if a victim is unable to work
- Various out-of-pocket expenses a victim may endure
- Property damage expenses
Non-economic losses are equally as important, even though they are not as easily calculable. These types of losses refer to what we generally call pain and suffering damages, but they are much more than that. These types of losses help cover the physical pain and suffering a person endures as well as the emotional and psychological trauma a personal injury victim may sustain as a result of the injury.
How Much Compensation Will You Receive In A Glendale Personal Injury Claim?
There is no set amount of compensation paid to personal injury victims in Glendale. A Glendale personal injury attorney will work with various medical and financial experts to help adequately calculate their client’s total losses, and various factors will be examined. Some of these factors include the severity of the injury and the expected length of the recovery time. Other factors can include the extent of property damage involved, how long a person is away from work, whether or not there was any shared fault for the incident, etc.
Individuals who sustain more severe injuries and expect longer recovery times will likely be able to recover higher amounts of compensation than someone who sustains a relatively minor injury and recovers quickly. Personal injury compensation recovery can range anywhere from a few thousand dollars to hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more than a million dollars for complex claims.
You need to work with a skilled personal injury lawyer in Glendale who can examine every facet of your case and help recover enough compensation to make you whole.
How Can You Afford a Personal Injury Lawyer in Glendale, AZ?
Paying for an attorney to help with your personal injury claim can seem daunting. However, that does not have to be the case. At MDK Law Group, our team of personal injury lawyers in Glendale gladly handles these claims on a contingency fee basis. As the injury victim, this means that you will not have to worry about paying any upfront or out-of-pocket costs as your claim is ongoing. We will handle all that on your behalf. This includes the investigation, the negotiations, filing the claim in court, and any other necessary expenses that arise.
You will not pay any legal fees unless we win the claim and recover compensation on your behalf. If we do not win, you do not pay. You will only pay the agreed-upon contingency fee after the claim is completed and you recover compensation.
Contact Our Personal Injury Attorneys in Glendale for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of accident in Glendale, Arizona, the attorneys at MDK Law Group can help you protect yourself and your rights. Our team of Arizona personal injury attorneys understand how these cases work and will make sure that you and your family have everything you need to move forward throughout the personal injury claims process. Discuss your case in more detail with a caring and committed Glendale personal injury attorney today. Request your free consultation online or by calling us at (623) 225-5635.