MDK Law Group offers dedicated legal representation to victims who have suffered serious injuries or lost loved ones in accidents. If you were injured in a car crash, workplace accident, or other circumstances because of someone else’s careless or wrongful actions, we can help you defend your legal rights. You may be eligible for financial compensation for your current and future losses. Talk to our Glendale personal injury attorneys about your options during a free consultation today. Call us at (623) 225-5635 for a free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Glendale, AZ Personal Injury Attorneys?
- We care about our clients and what they have been through. You will receive tailored counsel and individual attention from an attorney, not a paralegal.
- Our personal injury lawyers are litigators with years of trial experience and insurance expertise. We will craft a strategy for you that will put you in the best possible position to recover.
- MDK Law Group operates on a contingency fee basis, which means our lawyers do not charge their clients anything for their services until they recover financial compensation.
The Importance of Hiring an Personal Injury Attorney for a Personal Injury Case
A Glendale personal injury attorney will have the knowledge, experience and resources to correctly handle your case. This can increase your odds of achieving a positive case outcome. Your personal injury attorney can answer your legal questions, evaluate the value of your case, negotiate for adequate settlement offers, enlist qualified expert witnesses to testify, provide a comprehensive investigation of your accident, prepare the case for trial, and more. A personal injury lawyer will work tirelessly on your behalf during this difficult time. It is generally accepted that accident victims with a personal injury attorney get three times (3x) more in settlements. Your personal injury lawyer can handle complicated processes for you, such as filling out claims paperwork, and take on the legal headaches, while you focus on healing.
Do You Have a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case is a type of civil claim that allows an injured accident victim to recover financial compensation for the losses that he or she had suffered due to someone else’s negligence. Negligence is a legal doctrine that means someone has carelessly fallen below the accepted level of care. Not every injury in Arizona will give a victim the right to file a personal injury claim. To have grounds for a case, the necessary elements must exist.
Four key elements make up the legal theory of negligence:
- Duty of care. A duty of care is the requirement to act in a way that is reasonable and prudent according to the circumstances. A motor vehicle driver, for example, has a legal duty of care to pay attention to the road and obey traffic laws.
- A breach of the duty of care. A breach of the duty of care refers to any action or omission that violates or falls short of the definition of reasonable care. An example would be a driver reading or writing text messages while operating a motor vehicle.
- Causation. There must be proof that the other party (known as the defendant) caused the victim to be injured because of the negligent act or omission. In other words, that the accident would not have happened but for the defendant’s breach of duty.
- Damages. Finally, the victim must have suffered compensable damages, or losses, because of the defendant’s negligence. The losses must be actual and specific, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
If you are basing your injury claim on an allegation of negligence, you will need evidence of these four elements. For a personal injury case to succeed in Arizona, the filing party, or plaintiff, must meet the burden of proof. The burden of proof is clear and convincing evidence that the defendant is more likely to be responsible for the injury in question than not responsible.
Case Types That We Accept
At MDK Law Group, our personal injury lawyers in Glendale have been practicing within this area of the law for many years. We have helped victims and families across Arizona with many different types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death claims
This is not a comprehensive list of every type of case that we accept. To find out if we are the right fit for you and your case, request a free consultation.
Personal Injury Laws in Arizona
There are certain laws that govern personal injury cases in Arizona. It is your responsibility as the plaintiff to understand and obey these laws. Three of the laws that you may need to know for your case are:
- Comparative negligence. Comparative negligence is a rule in Arizona that allows an injured victim to recover partial compensation even if he or she contributed to the accident or injury being claimed. State law will reduce the victim’s financial recovery, however, by his or her percentage of fault.
- Auto accident laws. Car accidents are some of the most common types of personal injury cases in Glendale. Arizona is a fault state, which means that the driver or party at fault for the accident is responsible for paying for it. In a no-fault state, on the other hand, drivers file first-party insurance claims with their own providers, regardless of fault.
- Statute of limitations. A statute of limitations is a legal deadline placed on a plaintiff’s ability to file a claim. In Arizona, the statute of limitations on most personal injury lawsuits is two years from the date of the accident or the date that the victim discovers his or her injuries. Missing your deadline to file will generally bar you from any financial recovery.
Your case may involve various other state and local laws, as well. For example, there are special premises liability laws that apply to accidents like slip and falls, as well as unique dog bite injury laws in Arizona. You or your Arizona personal injury attorney will need to correctly navigate all of the laws that apply to your case.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation in Glendale
If you or someone you love has been injured in any type of accident in Glendale, Arizona, the attorneys at MDK Law Group can help you protect yourself and your rights. We understand how these cases work and will make sure that you and your family have everything you need to move forward throughout the personal injury claims process. Discuss your case in more detail with a caring and committed personal injury attorney today. Request your free consultation online or by calling us at (623) 225-5635.