Pedestrian accidents that occur in and around the Phoenix area often result in major injuries for those involved. In these circumstances, it is crucial to act fast in order to recover compensation. At MDK Law Group, we are here to help if you need a Phoenix pedestrian accident attorney by your side. Our goal is to use our resources, fully investigate your claim, and negotiate with other parties to recover the compensation needed to get you through this.
Why Turn to MDK Law Group for Your Pedestrian Accident Claim?
- At MDK Law Group, we pride ourselves in fighting for Arizona residents who have been harmed due to the negligent actions of other individuals.
- Our team has extensive experience handling complex pedestrian accident claims throughout the state, and we know what it takes to recover the compensation these victims need.
- We believe in putting the clients first all the time. We will come to you if your injuries prevent you from coming to us, and you will always have access to your attorney for questions or concerns as your case moves forward.
How Will an Attorney Help Your Case?
Pedestrian accident claims in Phoenix become complicated quickly, and a lawyer will play various roles as your case proceeds forward. Some of the main responsibilities of a pedestrian accident attorney in Phoenix include the following:
- Uncovering any evidence needed to prove liability, including photographs, video surveillance, driver records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and more.
- Handling any communication with other parties involved, including negotiations with insurance carriers or legal teams for the at-fault party.
- Liaising with medical and economic experts to adequately assess the client and help formulate a request for damages.
- Fully prepare the pedestrian accident claim for trial if the insurance carrier or at-fault party refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Our attorneys have experience working as Phoenix car accident lawyers and can help handle various injury claims for pedestrian accidents.
Types of Pedestrian Accident Injuries in Phoenix
Unfortunately, pedestrians often sustain significant injuries when they are impacted by a vehicle in the Phoenix area. Pedestrians have virtually no protection from the force of a vehicle, so even a slower-moving vehicle can lead to major injuries for the pedestrian involved. At MDK Law Group, our team regularly helps individuals who sustain the following types of injuries as a result of a vehicle accident:
- Concussions or more severe traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash or significant spinal cord injuries
- Various levels of paralysis
- Crush injuries or amputations
- Severe road rash or lacerations
- Fractured or dislocated bones
- Internal bleeding and internal organ damage
Our team is also cognizant of the fact that there are often unseen injuries that accompany these visible physical injuries. This includes the significant emotional and psychological trauma a pedestrian accident victim may experience. It is not uncommon for survivors of pedestrian crashes to experience sleeplessness, anxiety, stress, and fear. In some cases, Phoenix pedestrian accident victims experience symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How Much Compensation is Available for a Pedestrian Accident Case?
There is no set amount of compensation paid to pedestrian accident victims in Phoenix if their case is successful. However, there are several factors that will influence the total insurance settlement amount or final jury verdict awarded. Some of these factors include the type of injury and the severity of the injury. The length of the recovery time and whether or not a person can return to work also influence final settlements. If you lost a loved on due to a fatal pedestrian accident, working with a skilled Phoenix wrongful death attorney can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Our attorneys work to recover various types of compensation on behalf of every client that we assist. This includes economic and non-economic damages, such as the following:
- All medical bills related to the pedestrian crash
- Hospital expenses
- Follow-up doctor visits
- Prescription medications
- Medical devices
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost wages for those who are unable to work
- Property damage expenses
- Various household out-of-pocket losses
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering damages
How Much Does a Phoenix Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Cost?
Paying for a pedestrian accident lawyer in Phoenix does not have to be complicated. Our team takes these claims on a contingency fee basis, which means a few things for you and your wallet.
First, we will agree upon a percentage of the final settlement or jury verdict that will be paid as your legal fee. The good news is that you will not be responsible for paying any legal fees until after we successfully recover the compensation you need. If we do not win the case, you pay nothing. You will not have to reimburse us for anything. Second, we handle every cost related to the case as the claim is ongoing. You will pay no upfront or out-of-pocket expenses.
Our team firmly believes that this type of fee arrangement helps individuals hold at-fault parties responsible, regardless of their current financial status.
How Long do You Have to File a Pedestrian Accident Claim in Phoenix?
Individuals in the Phoenix area must file their pedestrian accident claims as soon as possible. Under the Arizona statute of limitations, personal injury victims have a two-year window with which to file a lawsuit against the alleged negligent party. Failing to do so within this time frame means that the victim will be unable to recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Additionally, please understand that insurance carriers will have their own reporting deadlines related to these claims. You need to file your claim with the insurance carrier within a few days after the incident occurs to avoid the insurance carrier delaying or denying the claim altogether.
Call a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Phoenix Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured in a pedestrian accident caused by the negligent actions of another individual in the Phoenix area, turn to the team of Phoenix personal injury lawyers at MDK Law Group for help today. We will not hesitate to help you every step of the way. This includes negotiating with insurance carriers or fully preparing your claim for trial if that is what it takes to secure the compensation you need. Reach out to our Phoenix pedestrian accident attorney through our contact page or call us at (623) 225-5635.