Defective products often lead to significant injuries and property damage. When individuals are harmed due to a faulty product, they need somewhere to turn to recover compensation for their losses. At MDK Law Group, we are standing by to help if you need a Phoenix product liability attorney. Our team has the resources necessary to investigate these complex claims and help secure compensation for your losses.
Why Choose MDK Law Group for Your Defective Product Claim?
- At MDK Law Group, we strive to make this process as easy as possible for our clients. We handle every aspect of the claim on behalf of product liability injury victims.
- Our team of Phoenix personal injury lawyers are proud to handle defective product claims in Phoenix on a contingency fee basis. This means clients never have to worry about legal fees until after we successfully recover compensation for their losses.
- We have an incredible track record of success, having secured significant settlements and jury verdicts on behalf of clients throughout Arizona.
How Will a Phoenix Product Liability Attorney Help Your Case?
A skilled Phoenix product liability attorney is a very important part of the process of recovering compensation in these situations. Product liability claims are complicated, particularly because there will need to be an extensive investigation into the incident. This investigation will include examining the scene of the incident as well as the product, as well as expanding to look at how this product has affected others in Arizona and throughout the US.
A product liability lawyer in Phoenix will work diligently to uncover all records related to the defective product as well as how the incident has affected you. Your lawyer will handle all communication with other parties involved, including insurance carriers, product companies, and legal teams.
Finally, your Phoenix product liability lawyer will ensure that you are evaluated by medical, economic, and financial experts who can work to adequately calculate your total expected losses.
How Do Products Become Defective?
When we look at the government recall website that focuses on current recalls around the country, we can see that all types of products can become defective. Essentially, anything you use or consume on a regular basis could be defective in a variety of ways. This includes medicines, foods and beverages, cosmetics, cleaning products, vehicles, appliances, electronics, toys, and more.
Products can become defective typically in one of three ways:
- Design defect. These types of flaws refer to a product that is poorly designed to begin with, leading to it becoming defective overall. This can include flaws with how the product is used, flaws with a chemical makeup of a medication, etc.
- Manufacturing error. Even products that have a good design could become flawed as a result of an error during the manufacturing process. Manufacturing errors typically do not affect entire lines of a product, just the lines of a product that come from a particular step in the manufacturing process.
- Advertising error. Advertising errors have to do with the way the product is marketed and explained to consumers. This can include mistakes with the labeling, such as missing ingredients, failing to disclose allergens, flawed instructions, etc.
Even if you are unsure about whether or not the product that caused you harm falls into one of these types of flaws, we encourage you to reach out to a Phoenix defective product lawyer who can examine your case and help you determine the best steps moving forward.
What Compensation Is Available for Phoenix Product Liability Victims?
Phoenix product liability victims should be able to recover a range of compensation for their injuries and property damage expenses. This includes various types of economic and non-economic damages. At MDK Law Group, our Phoenix product liability attorneys will work diligently to recover the following on your behalf:
- Coverage of any emergency medical expenses
- Long-term physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical devices or prescription medications
- Property damage expenses
- Lost wages if you cannot work while recovering
- Physical pain and suffering damages
- Emotional and psychological pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Scarring and disfigurement damages
There is no set amount of compensation paid to defective product victims, but there are various factors that will be taken into consideration when calculating a proper amount. This includes the severity of the injuries, the level of property damage involved, how much pain and suffering damages are documented, and more. Your product liability attorney in Phoenix will work with trusted economic and medical experts to help calculate the correct amount to request from insurance carriers or the company involved.
Strict Liability for Defective Product Claims
For most personal injury claims that result in civil lawsuits, it will be necessary to prove that the other party was negligent in some way. However, that is not the case for product liability claims. These are considered strict liability claims, which means it will not be necessary for the injury victim to prove that the company or manufacturer was necessarily negligent. All that is typically required is to show that the product was indeed defective and that the injury victim was using or consuming the product in the correctly prescribed manner.
However, that does not mean that the other party will not put up a fight when it comes to paying compensation. Even though these are strict liability claims, insurance carriers and legal teams for the at-fault company will still try to delay the claim, pay less compensation than they should, or deny the claim altogether. That is why it is crucial to work with a product liability lawyer in Phoenix who can push back against difficult at-fault parties and help their client recover the compensation they are entitled to.
Call a Phoenix Product Liability Attorney Today
If you or a loved one have been injured as a result of a defective product, turn to the team at MDK Law Group for help as soon as possible. Our Phoenix product liability attorney will offer a free consultation for the claim. If we begin working on your case, we will handle every aspect of the claim. This includes investigating the incident, handling all communication with other parties, and helping you recover compensation. Reach out to us through our contact page or call us at (623) 225-5635.