An accident can derail your life, resulting in serious injuries and significant losses for you and your family. At MDK Law Group, we understand how dramatically an accident can impact you. We are committed to helping injured accident victims recover and move forward through aggressive and personalized legal strategies. We can help you and your family get through this difficult time and fight for the financial compensation that you deserve. Contact our personal injury attorneys in Surprise, Arizona today to start with a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us for Your Personal Injury Case Representation?
- We believe in open communication and will give you a direct line to the attorney who is working for you and with you on your case.
- Our Surprise personal injury attorneys have a reputation for high-quality legal services and customer care after decades of experience in this practice area.
- MDK Law Group accepts clients on a contingency fee basis. This means that you will only pay our attorney’s fees if we secure financial compensation on your behalf.
How Can a Surprise Personal Injury Attorney Help?
Retaining a personal injury attorney to represent you during an injury claim can come with many important benefits. First, you can feel confident knowing that your attorney can skillfully handle negotiations with an insurance provider on your behalf. Second, you will have the power to go to trial if an insurance company refuses to pay you an adequate amount. It is generally accepted that accident victims with an attorney get three times (3x) more in settlements.
Third, you will have an experienced professional handling complicated legal tasks for you, such as investigating your accident, interviewing eyewitnesses and hiring experts. Lastly – and most importantly for many clients – hiring an attorney will allow you to concentrate all of your energy on healing and moving forward after a traumatic accident. Your lawyer can handle complicated processes for you, such as filling out claims paperwork, and take on the legal headaches, while you focus on healing.
What Are the Elements of a Personal Injury Case?
Not every accident in Surprise, Arizona will give you the right to bring a personal injury cause of action. You can only hold someone else accountable for your accident if you have legal grounds for a claim. Some of the most common legal grounds are negligence, strict liability, breach of warranty, premises liability and product liability.
Negligence in personal injury law is any act or failure to act that violates the individual’s responsibility of care to the victim. For example, a driver is guilty of negligence if he or she falls asleep behind the wheel and causes a car accident. A personal injury case based on negligence requires clear and convincing evidence of four key elements:
- A duty of care was owed. The defendant must have owed the injured party (plaintiff) a duty to exercise reasonable care. This is a legal obligation to act in a way that a rational party would in the same or similar circumstances.
- Violation of the duty of care. An action or omission by the defendant must have breached his or her duty of care to the plaintiff.
- Causation. There must be proof that the defendant’s breach of the duty of care is what caused the accident or injury in question.
- Damages. Finally, the victim must have proof of compensable losses, such as medical bills related to a serious injury.
Evidence that is often used to prove negligence in a personal injury case includes photographs, videos, surveillance footage, signed statements from eyewitnesses, expert testimony, accident reconstruction and medical records. If your case is not based on the legal theory of negligence, your attorney can help you understand the required legal elements and evidence for your specific situation.
Can You Recover Financial Compensation?
If you or your attorney successfully meets the burden of proof in a personal injury case, you may receive a settlement from an insurance company or a positive jury verdict during a trial. This will give you and your family financial compensation for the losses that you suffered in relation to the accident or injury. Compensable losses can be both economic and noneconomic:
- Hospital bills and ongoing medical care
- Losses of income and employment opportunities
- Lost future capacity to earn due to a disability
- Home and vehicle modifications to accommodate a disability
- Property damage repairs
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Legal fees
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional injuries
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
An attorney at MDK Law Group can carefully analyze your case to estimate its value. Factors used to calculate a case’s value typically include the injury diagnosis, the victim’s prognosis for recovery, the victim’s age and income, and the actions of the defendant. Working with an attorney can ensure that you fight for the full value of your case rather than accepting an inadequate settlement offer.
What to Say to an Insurance Claims Adjuster
If you are already being contacted or questioned by an insurance claims adjuster about your case, learn how to protect your rights. Insurance claims adjusters work for insurance companies, not for you. Their goal is to save the insurance company as much money as possible on your payout – even if this means devaluing your losses. Protect yourself by keeping the following tips in mind:
- Don’t admit fault for the accident.
- Keep your answers short, simple and honest.
- Do not offer any information that is not specifically requested.
- Be polite to the insurance adjuster, but don’t agree to give a recorded statement
- Don’t sign anything given to you by the insurance company.
- Don’t rush into a fast settlement.
- Know that you have the ability to negotiate, even if the adjuster says it is the best or final offer.
If you do not wish to speak to an insurance claims adjuster about your personal injury case on your own, you have the right to hire a personal injury attorney in Surprise to negotiate for you. A personal injury attorney can take over all communications with a claims adjuster on your behalf, using proven legal strategies and trial experience to enhance your odds of a positive outcome.
Contact a Surprise Personal Injury Lawyer Today | Free Case Review
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident in Surprise, Arizona, you may be eligible for financial compensation from one or more parties to make you whole again. At MDK Law Group, we are committed to pursuing the results that our clients deserve. We will go above and beyond to make sure that you and your family have everything you need to move forward after an accident.
Start your case with a free, no-obligation case evaluation at our local law office. Call (623) 225-5635 or contact us online today to request a meeting. We care about protecting your rights and best interests as an injured accident victim in Surprise.